Interested in Joining?
The recruitment process is as follows:
- We will be at the university freshers fair of each of our three target universities - you will meet current students and register your interest. If you miss us, please feel free to contact us directly.
- Oxford Brookes
- The next stage is a 'Meet and Greet' evening at Falklands House, where you will be able to meet current students, attend a short talk from our Commanding Officer and watch a video. Formal application forms will at that time be issued and time slots allocated for interviews if you are willing to continue with your application.
- All of our candidates for entry will have to attend an interview with our Commanding Officer.
Those who successfully complete the interview process will be formally invited to join the unit subject to passing a basic medical and security check. You will then attend an induction weekend to the Royal Navy at Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth.
Note that in order to be considered a candidate, you must:
- Be physically fit and capable of swimming 50 meters unaided, tread water for 2 minutes and get out of the pool unaided.
- Enrolled on a university course at Oxford, Oxford Brookes or Reading universities.
- Be a British or a Commonwealth subject or a citizen of the Irish Republic.
If you satisfy the above criteria and are passionate about getting involved with the opportunities we offer, we would be delighted to hear from you. The URNU, like the rest of the Royal Navy, is committed to remaining a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Still have questions?
Click here for the FAQ. (New Window/Tab)
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!