Oxford URNU offers a wide and diverse range of training that is open to our students. More about each type of training can be viewed using the above menu or the menu on the right, although this is by no means an exhaustive list. As an example of the wide range of training we can undertake, below is a list of just some of the things our students have done over the past 12 or so months:
- Air Experience Flights in a variety of aircraft.
- 2 week Flying Camp, held at RNAS Yeovilton, teaching the basic principles of airmanship and aircraft handling.
- Training at the Damage Repair Instructional Unit (DRIU) – The Royal Navy’s sinking ship simulator which allows training of various types of damage repair in a variety of situations.
- Deployments on board HMS SMITER to the Baltic, France, Belgium, Holland and Spain.
- Time aboard deployed Royal Naval ships HMS MONTROSE and SEVERN.
- A weekend training at Commando Training Centre Royal Marines for an insight into this elite amphibious infantry branch of the naval service.
- And much, much more!
As you can see, the list covers a wide range of exciting things that most students could only dream of! If you are interested in joining us, please do have a look at our recruitment pages.