Drill nights take place every Thursday night between 1830 - 2100 at Falklands House during term time.
Typical training includes the following:
- Theoretical and practical navigation training
- Practical leadership tasks
- Briefs given by external Royal Navy presenters
- Drill practice
- CMI leadership qualifications
- Social events such as Trafalgar Night and end of term events
Unit Drill Night training provides the officer cadets with the underpinning knowledge to attend Sea Weekends as well as Easter and Summer Deployments. Sea time is where students consolidate what they have learned throughout the year in a practical environment.